A legitimate garage door company will conduct their business in a certain way and will go out of their way to answer all your questions.
After you have researched a company online and asked for recommendations from family and friends, you can contact the company directly. Here is what you should look for:
All legitimate garage door dealers will…
- Have all necessary licenses, permits AND insurance to operate in your area.
- Welcome the chance to share their company’s information, including its history, with you.
- Operate a showroom or office where you can contact them face-to-face and look at samples and products.
- Provide references including contact information for past customers who have agreed to talk to prospective clients about their experience working with the company. (You should take the time to chat with at least one of these references).
- Know your town or neighborhood. Ideally, they will have already worked in your area and will have photos of past projects to show you.
Good garage door companies will actively learn about your needs
- They will ask about your requirements BEFORE trying to sell you on a certain kind of door.
- They will find out about your budget requirements early in the conversation.
- They will ask about the design, style and colors of your house in order to recommend certain matching designs to you.
- They will tell you which products and brands they use and offer you information to research these brands.
- They will ask how you heard about the company.
- They will help you try to balance your needs with door styles, strength, extra features, durability and design elements.
- They will provide access to an online design center that will allow you to see virtual representations of your door. Some of these online tools will also allow you to upload a picture of your house and superimpose the new door onto it.
- They will provide you with several (at least three) different door options based on your needs and budget.
What about more-technical questions? You can certainly ask if needed. This article to help you learn what you need to know.
The company should offer information about warranties. This should be available to you in writing, and the warranty should include all parts (such as the door opener) as well as the door and the labor. Make sure they give you a written document with this information
They should also provide a copy of a maintenance guide so that you know exactly what is involved in maintaining your door.
How to get started
When you are ready to take the next step, you can contact us at 207-784-0622. We welcome the chance to answer your questions and share our garage door insights with you. If you would rather interact over the computer, you can request a quotation online. You can also peruse our design center and create your own garage door so that you have ideas when we chat for the first time. Likewise, you can look at our image gallery for ideas and inspiration!
Add new comment